Tuesday, November 15, 2011

What do these lebanese arabic words mean?

I like listening to lebanese pop music, and I noticed a lot of words are used over and over again. Anyone care to translate? Thanks!





ghmorni


eih


oyoun/oyoum


beek


leek


gharam


kont


leih


ehsas


donya


hal


law/low


omry


tani





Thanks so much!|||By the way, this is Egyptian Arabic, not Lebanese Arabic. However, you might have heard it in a song by a Lebanese singer because many Lebanese singers do sing in Egyptian Arabic.





ghmorni = ?


eih = what


oyoun = eyes


beek = with you


leek = for you


gharam = love


kont = was


leih = why


ehsas = feeling


donya = world


hal = does


law = if


omry = my life


tani = again|||ghmorni


eih (what)


oyoun/oyoum


beek


leek (for you)


gharam (its love or in love)


kont (i was)


leih (why)


ehsas (feeling)


donya (the life)


hal


law/low


omry (my life)


tani (again)|||ghmorni: hug me/ surround me


i said surround me because sometimes in a soung they would say : ghmorni bi hobbak which means surround me with ur love, not the actual word which means hug me|||ghmorni= enfold me

No comments:

Post a Comment