Friday, November 18, 2011

Whats wrong with my new parakeet?

I just got a boy parakeet, and i already have a girl. The girl likes him, she is bobbing her head and chirping. But he will not chirp or move. He has not eaten yet and he keeps opening and closing his beek. I want him to chirp and move around but he wont. Is it because he is stressed? Please help!|||i started out wit three parakeets and 2 boy 1 girl they all got along when i always brought new parakeets the boys always did the same thing all they need is time to get used to to a new bird. I have seven now and it took about a week and no they all get along and one of the girls is pregnant|||That is exactly what my problem is....except its the other way around i had a male then i got a girl and the male loves her but the girl seems scared and stressed. I think i can give u the answer. Your female parakeet seemed lonely when u first had her and if u didnt let her out at all and interact with her, she got lonely. Then, when u got the male, she seemed happy and she dosint want him to go, so she protects him and makes him feel nervous maybe bcuz he is in a new enviornment. All u have to do is interact with them more and maybe try letting them out atleast once a day or every other day. I tried it and its getting better and better. Does ur female seem protective over ur male parakeet at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment