Friday, November 18, 2011

Is this normal for a parakeet?

I got a parakeet as a gift for Christmas. The book i have on parakeets doesn't mention anything about this so I don't know, but is a normal for my parakeet to scrape his beak against his perch? Could he be sick? Or should i get him sonething to rub his beek against? Thanks.|||This is normal. Parakeets do this because they are smoothing down their beak to prevent illness. If in doubt, I recommend you buy it a cuttlebone or a mineral rock, which will not only give it vitamins and minerals, it will also allow your bird a place to rub its beak against. I have parakeets myself and they always do this, so there is nothing to worry about. This is natural.|||its normal but i would get him something soft to rub his head against|||so normal its common. my birds do it all the time. parrekets do to shorten or sharp their beaks. also they could be getting soming off of there beak thats stuck. you can bye pirch sand paper for their claws and beak trust me its hard to clip both of them|||I don't see nothing wrong with that,, But ya you should get things in his cage to play with and snacks.... Don't forget its hard on him getting a new home..|||get him something to rub his beak against|||if the perch is made of wood then there's nothing wrong with him. they sell a lot of wooden toys and stuff for parakeets. buy him something to rub his beak and claws against because otherwise his beak and nails could get too long and he could get bored and become depressed|||Birds tend to rub their beaks against rough objects, to clean them off.|||I read from a parakeet website that they have cement perches for this reason. Keets often rub their beaks against perches.|||He is fine. You need to get him something called a cuddle shell. It is a square white thing that looks kinda like chalk. My bird has one and she loves it. You can find one at a pet store in the bird section.|||it is normal, but they sell stuff like special bones in stores that are better for them to rub their beaks on

No comments:

Post a Comment