Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My birds beek grows excessively?

I have a budgee parakeet and hes about 7 years old. Hes very healthy and lively. When he was about 5 his beek got long becuz i had him so long and i trimmed his beek. Ever since his beek grows verry long and very fast. I got him cuddle bones and wood for him to use and it doesnt work at all. I even put bird gravel in his food but that didnt help either. I feel bad traumatizing him every month just to trim his beek. Wut do i do?? Nothing is working!|||It sounds like your keet has fatty liver disease. One of the first signs is a rapidly growing beak that needs frequent trimming. This is a serious disease that can lead to death. This is caused by overweight . An all seed diet is usually the cause. This really calls for an avian vet visit.





No a cuttlebone wont trim the beak. The only thing that might help is cutting back on seeds , adding pellets and adding lots of green %26amp; yellow veggies , and some fruit.|||you already did everything i would of suggested to you so my last choice is for you to take him to a vet

No comments:

Post a Comment