Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I have a love bird who's going on 10 and has a spot on his beek that I haven't seen before. What is this?

It's a male love bird. He'll be ten in December. He's been with me ever since like he was a few weeks old. He's acting perfectly normal. He chirps like he normally would. He's got the right food, he's eating and drinks his water. I clean out both multiple times a day. I take him out of the age usually like two or three times a week. The only thing he's been doing different is that when he flies off this tree (which he chewed off all the leaves) in my room, he flies onto the floor and starts walking.





He hasn't gotten hurt or anything. He's probably had this spot for like three weeks now. It hasn't gotten worse or anything. He tries to chew on the rug, even though there's nothing on it. I tried lightly wiping his beek, but it doesn't look like it's something. I asked my parents about it and they said it's likely just an old age spot.





You guy's probably know more about this than I do. I might bring him to the Vet to be safe. Have any of your guy's birds ever had anything similar?|||I have birds in my room that I let "fly freely" and this has alkso happened with me a few times... basically it is a "bruise"... he must have bumped into something or flown into the wall, etc. It will eventually go away, or grow out... but if you notice any bleeding or redness/swelling around his nares, then I would take him to an avian vet... but from what you are describing, it looks like a "beak bruise" and he should be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment